Yes, you can use Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue to create crackled effects on surfaces. Here is how to crackle glue:
- Paint object with a basecoat of acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Brush an abundant layer of Tacky Glue over the dried paint in the areas you want to crackle. Let the glue set until it reaches a tacky phase, but does not completely dry.
- While the layer of glue is still tacky, brush the same color of paint or a contrasting color over the glue, brushing only once instead of back and forth, as that could hinder the crackling process.
- As the paint and glue completely dry, they will naturally crackle. Let dry completely.
- Protect project with your favorite sealer.