Can I make clay with glue?
Yes. Aleene's has several clay recipes using Original Tacky Glue and common household items. Here is how to make clay with glue and bread:
- Remove the crust from a slice of bread (white bread is suggested for best results when coloring the clay).
- Tear the bread slice into small pieces and place in a disposable plastic bag, then add 1 tablespoon of Tacky Glue.
- Add a few drops of acrylic paint to color the clay if desired. Clay can also be painted after drying.
- Knead the bread and glue within the bag until thoroughly mixed and a clay starts to form. Remove the clay from the bag and knead until fully formed. Note: if mixture is too runny, add more bread pieces in small amounts.
- Use clay to make desired item, then let dry overnight.
- Paint with acrylic paint if desired, let dry, then seal with your favorite sealer.