Temporary glue can be used as a resist on fabric. Note: Permanent fabric glue will dry permanently on the fabric and should not be used. Here is how to use glue as a resist:
- Apply the glue to the fabric in the design of your choice.
- Allow the glue to dry completely on the fabric, becoming rigid and clear.
- Paint or dye the fabric in the colors of your choice.
- Allow the fabric to dry completely after applying the dye/paint.
- Soak the fabric 20 to 30 minutes in warm water to soften the glue.
- Hand wash or machine wash the fabric in warm soapy water to remove the glue entirely.
Tip: Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue makes a great resist on fabric.