FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OF $25 OR MORE! - U.S. SHIPPING ONLY
Halloween couple's costumes are twice the fun! Grab your partner and win the "best couple's costume" award at your Halloween party this year with a little help from Aleene's Glues. There's no sewing needed for this super fun DIY s'mores couple's costume that'll have everyone wanting to plan a camping trip before winter hits.
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- Aleene's Quick Dry Fabric Fusion
For Campfire Costume:
- Poster board or lightweight card stock
- Assorted brown printed fabrics
- Brown paper
- Stiff felt in fire colors
- Tulle in fire colors
- White and gray acrylic paint
- Orange ribbon cut to fit around waist
- Yellow/orange T-shirt and shorts
For S’mores Costume:
- 2 large squares of cardboard cut to desired size for costume
- 2 small squares of cardboard cut for headband
- Foam squares
- Brown fabric for chocolate
- Black or brown marker
- Headband with flat surface
- Large white pompom for headband
- Craft knife
- White T-shirt and shorts
For the Campfire Costume:
For the S'mores Costume, first cut two large pieces of cardboard to desired size. Measure waist and create an oval cutout in the middle to fit; cut an access line from the edge of one side of the cardboard to the oval cutout, making the section wide enough to stretch apart and slip through when putting the costume on. Glue foam squares onto the cardboard with Tacky Glue, evenly spaced, then use a craft knife to trim off the portions by the waist to fit around curves.
Drape brown fabric over foam squares and glue in place with Tacky Glue to create chocolate. Cut out the center section and access section for waist. Glue edges down for a finished look.
Use a brown or black marker to create graham cracker texture effects on top of second piece of cardboard. Cut an opening for the neck with an access cut as well.
Cut two small cardboard squares for headband and draw graham cracker details on the top piece to look like the main costume piece. Use Tacky Glue to glue a large white pompom in between pieces to create mini s'more. Glue s'more to headband and let dry completely.
We might be biased, or we might be really hungry, but we think this S'mores Couple's Costume looks good enough to eat!