FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $25!
We know that as the holidays roll around, your drink of choice is most likely wine. (who are we kidding, it’s everyone’s drink of choice even when the holidays aren’t here, but we’ll keep that a secret). Instead of tossing the corks, use them in the fun DIY project that’s perfect for rustic holiday décor. Just grab Aleene’s The Ultimate Multi-Surface Adhesive and let’s get started.
1. First, gather all of the corks you have. If you don’t have as many as we have in the video, totally fine! This tree can be as little or as large as you want. A mini version is perfect for a cute little ornament.
2. Start gluing the corks together side-by-side. This will create a row of corks. Keep doing this to create more rows, with the next row having one less cork than the one before.
3. Once you have your desired amount of rows, depending on how big you want the tree to be, start gluing the rows together. They will look stacked on top of each other in the shape of a tree.
4. Now that the corks are formed into the tree shape, take 3 corks and glue them in a triangle for the top of the tree.
5. Take 3 more corks and do the same thing; except these will act as the trunk of the tree, at the bottom. Take the twine and wrap it around these 3 corks. Be sure to glue as you wrap, to secure the twine in place. Then glue this to the bottom.
6. Now, take the burlap and make a bow then glue it to the top of the tree.
7. Grab the Christmas lights and insert them in the spaces between the corks. Be sure to plug in the lights once you’ve placed the tree where you want it.
These trees are easy to create but still add the perfect holiday touch. Still need to get a gift for that wine-lover friend of yours? Don’t WINE about it! Not only is this a fun recycling craft, but it’s a great gift idea!